Thursday, September 24, 2009

Eggplant Lasagna


Very Yummy!!!!!!

This one takes a little bit more effort.

Meat: Season ground turkey breast by sauteing garlic, onion, tomato, ground pepper, salt, & Italian seasoning.

Eggplant: Slice, then dip in egg, then into Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Because I try to be somewhat healthy, I only saute/lightly fry only one side of the eggplant. Do this until you have enough.

Then layer it with breaded side up --> first layer egg plant, second layer ground turkey, & repeat. Top with 1849 pasta sauce & finish "cooking" in the oven (it's technically all cooked, but i still like to do this as i think flavors keep blending better. Note: no cheese! just a little bit of parmesan on the top. I'm sure it will taste even more delicious if you lightly add shredded mozzarella.

Then serve with a side of pasta with same 1849 sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment